The Jolly Pink Giant

I'd just like to note here that as of week 5 of Sarina's life, she had already outgrown her newborn stuff and is now wearing the size 3-6-month clothes. She's 11 pounds now, and 25 inches long, and at the rate she's eating, I think she's trying very hard to become a giant (or at least more roly poly). No wonder I'm having a hard time keeping up with her-- I finally tracked it, and she drinks 36 ounces of milk per day. "Normal" consumption for a baby is 19 to 30 ounces.

I'm starting to get back to work now, albeit slowly. I got the page proofs of a book on bullying that I co-wrote, so while she sleeps, I go through with my trusty red pen and mark the corrections. There are some pretty awful typos in the table of contents (which my coauthor and I didn't write), and this version went out to reviewers. I'm a bit embarrassed. Of course, it says "Uncorrected Galley Proofs" on the cover, but as a reviewer, I've seen that before and still judged a book as sloppy when there were multiple typos or grammatical errors. Can't help it. I'm very judgy that way.

The main reason I came online was to look up "temperament" in an online dictionary (I like Onelook.com). I thought it was spelled "temperment." Did you?

Popular posts from this blog

Excuse my bumbling background erasing skills

Dear New Writer (Who Probably Googled 'Book Publishers for New Authors' to Get Here)

Dear Rene Angelil