More lead paint toy recalls

I can't believe this is happening again, but it is. Parents, if you haven't already, check out this handy toy recall finder. Mattel has announced its third recall this summer for lead paint in children's toys. This time it's Barbie accessories, Geo Trax locomotive toys, and Big, Big World 6-in-1 Bongo Band drums.

I was blissfully unaware of how poorly regulated products for children are until I had a baby of my own. Now I'm just mad. Bottles, sippy cups, and breast pumps that leach toxic chemicals (BPA) into baby's milk, botullism in baby food, lead paint in toys... Sarina's just 6 months old, and these things have all happened just since she's been born.

Mums The Word is collecting comments to send to the FDA, and they're promoting Natural Pod, a company that manufactures wooden and natural textile toys and clothing for babies and kids.

I hope this is the end of the lead paint recalls. Somehow I fear there's much more to come.

Popular posts from this blog

Excuse my bumbling background erasing skills

Dear New Writer (Who Probably Googled 'Book Publishers for New Authors' to Get Here)

Dear Rene Angelil