Stories of Strength

Hmm. It's been a while, mostly because I've been consumed with a crazy self-imposed deadline. See, right after Hurricane Katrina struck, a bunch of writers on my message boards were feeling pretty miserable because we couldn't afford to donate much to the relief efforts. So I suggested that we write an anthology and send all the proceeds to disaster relief charities. I believe we began collecting submissions on September 1st. We released the book on November 1st. Not bad, huh?

We chose to publish through Lulu.com, and they decided to donate their profits from the book, as well. In the first three days of its release, we've raised more than $1000 for disaster relief charities!

As you can imagine, I'm kind of giddy. And as Barbra would say, "We've only just begun..." (Well, she'd sing it. But I'm no Barbra.)

Point is, I know I specifically said I don't want to have my promotional hat on in this blog, but this is different. This one's not for me. Please, take a look at www.storiesofstrength.com and consider ordering copies for yourself or as gifts. My goal is to raise at least $100,000 for disaster relief charities. Watch that site to check on our progress!

I don't know what this means yet, but Mac and Dawno are trying to edumacate me about Technorati tags, so here's my first.

Popular posts from this blog

Excuse my bumbling background erasing skills

Dear New Writer (Who Probably Googled 'Book Publishers for New Authors' to Get Here)

Dear Rene Angelil